Ozone is induced in the process to destroy microorganisms and degrade organic pollutant. Ozone gas (O3) can be formed by passing oxygen through a high voltage electric field. Nowadays ozone is the widely used disinfectant after chlorine. Ozone is a colourless gas that has an odour similar to the smell of the air after a major thunderstorm.
Compared to chlorination ozone has greater disinfection power against microorganisms like bacteria and viruses. Due to oxidizing properties of ozone it can also reduce the concentration of iron, manganese, sulphur, and reduce or eliminate taste and odour problems. Ozone forms insoluble metal or elemental sulphur by oxidising iron, manganese, and sulphur present in the water. By post filtration these insoluble particles can be removed. By performing coagulation and chemical oxidation organic particles and chemicals can be eliminated. Ozone is degraded over a time frame ranging from a few seconds to 30 minutes as it is unstable. The rate of degradation is a function of water chemistry, pH and water temperature.
Advantages of using Ozone
- Ozone can be used in different application as it has an effect over a wide range of pH and rapidly reacts with bacteria, viruses, and protozoans and has stronger germicidal properties compared to chlorination. It has a very strong oxidizing power with a short reaction time.
- No chemical is added in this treatment process.
- Ozone has an ability to eliminate a wide range of inorganic, organic, and microbiological problems and taste also odour problems. The microbiological agents include bacteria, viruses, an protozoans.
EnviOxy is strong anti-oxidants to work both as an oxidant and coagulant for water and wastewater treatment. The EnviOxy compound has various unique properties e.g. strong oxidizing potential; disinfect microorganisms and simultaneous generation of coagulating species etc. The compound can partially degrade and/or oxidize the organic and inorganic impurities, and remove suspended/colloidal particulate materials in a single dosing and mixing unit process.
Feature of EnviOxy
- EnviOxy is extremely powerful oxidizing agent that can deliver multiple treatments from a single application and does not create disinfection by-products.
- It is environment friendly and solves difficult treatment challenges
- Easy to manufacture, use and operate
- Ability to reduce colour, COD, BOD, TSS, Turbidity and Hardness in a single step treatment.
- Can work at very high COD and High TDS waters e.g. dye bath, RO reject samples etc.
- minimum sludge generation and hence lower sludge disposal costs
- Can be designed in any size to suit the needs of the customer.
- Low capital costs
- Less space requirements than conventional ETP systems
- Most importantly, EnviOxy is often the least expensive and most effective treatment option.
- Industrial effluent treatment plants (ETPs / CETPs)
- Sewage treatment plants (STPs)
- Dyestuff, pigments manufacturing
- Textile industry
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Pulp, paper and printing industry
- Food and food processing industry